Tuesday, March 29, 2011

recently

*Last Thursday my parents watched all five kids while Chris and I went to Big Bear with my sister and her husband. It was a quick trip, but very fun and relaxing. It was nice to talk so much without getting interrupted by kids.

Dinner at a cute pizza parlor.




Afterward, we went back to the cabin to watch Inception. I thought it was an AMAZING movie, but will admit that I needed the husbands to pause it and explain a lot along the way. :)

*This week is Cam's Spring Break. I wanted to do something fun, so we headed up north to my in laws for a few days. We had a wonderful time, got quite a bit of relaxing in, ate scrumptious food, and watched the kids have a blast

Wig fun with grandma


We spent the majority of the time outside on their property. They have so much space to run and play.


Last night we left the kids back and went to have dinner with some friends, Matt and Jana. They made the most amazing dinner. Each person had their own, personal grill for different meats and veggies. I knew Jana wouldn't disappoint with dessert seeing as she loves chocolate as much as I do. She surely didn't with her chocolate lava cake. :) It's alway nice to see them and we felt so spoiled by all the work they went to.

The ride home today went OK, however the further we got, the more we realized Cam had come down with a pretty painful ear infection. Chris ended up taking him to Urgent Care this evening. I'm just glad he was able to enjoy the trip and it waited until we got home.

3 comments:

susan said...

Oh I'm glad you have such an amazing sister to spend time with!!! =)

Jessica said...

WOw, you've had fun lately! How nice of your parents to watch five kids overnight:)

Anonymous said...

Yes, that little foursome getaway is something I am so happy could happen. That picture of Cam is so funny! He looks like Savannah in it to me. --Mom