Thursday, March 24, 2011

two more recipes...

I have two more recipes to share, and then Chris and I are off for a kid-free night with my sister and her husband! We are heading up to Big Bear to a cabin owned by a friend of my sister's. I've already started dreaming about the moment I wake up tomorrow...and DON'T have to get out of bed right away. :)

This first recipe I had last night. My sister made it and it was soooo wonderful. The flavor is so unique and yummy. I would highly recommend trying it. :)



The next one is for homemade maple syrup. I make my veggie waffles about once a week and freeze them. I can go heavier on the veggie flavor because I know they have syrup with them. Despite not having much syrup, it still probably adds up since they have them EVERY day. Although homemade has just as much sugar, at least it doesn't have all the other things you can't pronounce on the label. :) It's super easy and much cheaper.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I can't wait to try making syrup! Thank you so much for posting that. Do you find it to be runny, or is it a nice thick consistency?

Kelly said...

Bonnie
It's not as thick as regular...which is the only bummer.

Anonymous said...

Awwww, now I understand why Cam wanted waffles instead of pancakes yesterday morning. He is quite a loyal fan of those waffles--and now I know they're VEGGIE-waffles! Waydago, Mom!
--Mom