Friday, March 18, 2011

*Yesterday I visited the SDC kinder class. It made me a little less squeamish about the whole idea of the kinder + Cam combo. :) The principal spoke very highly of the teacher's love/commitment to each child. I could tell it wasn't just the principal trying to sell me...she was sincere in her regard for this teacher. We have his IEP in about a month, but it helps me to have a visual of where exactly Cam would be as we discuss the options.

*Went to a playdate today hosted by a friend from church. I decided to pull Cam out of school early to go with us. He did wonderful and I'm glad I gave him the opportunity to be around new kids. :)

*Tomorrow I'm getting my hair cut/highlighted. I'm SOOO looking forward to it. Not so much the end result, but the process. I think I might get a Starbucks on my way and just savor every relaxing moment in that salon chair. Ahhh...

*We got the settlement check from the lawsuit against our builder (we didn't start it, but joined). No new toys for us...but honestly, adding that nice padding to our savings is present enough!

*I love cold, cooked carrots. Raw...no thanks.

*I bought ingredients to make this tomorrow. I made it several years ago and had written some high ratings to the side of the recipe. I'm going to try and make it a little lighter by changing a few things. Hopefully it will be almost as good. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the SDC class and the teacher looked good to you. Am anxious to hear more.

I hope the hair stylist gives you a goooooooooooooooooood scalp message, too!
--Mom

susan said...

good gosh that dish looks fabulous!!

Jessica said...

Cold cooked carrots??? The more I learn about your eating habits, the more I chuckle ;) That sounds disgusting!!!!

That pasta looks yummy... I'm always a sucker for pasta dishes with a yummy white sauce, mmmmm.

I love getting my hair done too, it's so relaxing!

Anonymous said...

I want a picture of the hair highlights! :) And I was bummed about the finale too. But you KNOW that Brad 'got it on' with Chantal in the fantasy sweet and Emily was too classy for that. How incredibly difficult it must be to see your fiance smooching on so many other chicks on tv. hard to trust what you have is sincere when you see he shared it with everyone and not just you. In the words of Colonel Brandon, "May he endeavor to deserve her."