Thursday, March 3, 2011

Yummy


I mentioned last week that we had lettuce wraps at a friend's house for dinner. I decided to try my hand at them and they were SOO good and SOO easy!! I will definitely make these again. I think next time I'll add rice to bulk up the filling. Chris was a tad hungry after dinner and I realized rice would have made them more filling, but been less calories than more meat.

Lettuce Wraps

1 lb. ground beef
1 tbs. soy sauce
1 tbls. apple cider vinegar
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/4 cup Hoisin sauce (found this easily in the international aisle of the store)
2/3 cup chopped green onions

Brown the beef. Add remainder of ingredients and heat through. Serve inside Romain lettuce.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Those look so yummy! I'm going to make them soon. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Teresa DiMillo said...

My husband LOVES lettuce wraps!!! Only thing is, I CAN'T eat them because of the garlic and green onions, so I have only made them twice and I had a pb&j sandwich... hopefully soon I too can enjoy the yumminess of onion and garlic flavored food!