Saturday, March 12, 2011

today

This morning was Cam's first T-ball game. He did great and has improved so much since last year. As he got to 1st base, he looked over at my parents and I as we where cheering for him and said, "Mom! This makes me SO happy!" He was beaming like I've never seen and it was so wonderful to see.

After lunch we headed up to Oak Glen for a hike. I literally think Cam has as much fun on our hikes as he does at Disneyland. For some reason he loves the concept of a trail winding around and was constantly telling us to keep moving and, "...let's keep going on the trail guys!"

Tonight we went out to dinner for our anniversary. We had one of the grad students who works with Cameron at his speech clinic come over. He was super excited for this and they had a great time. Initially we had planned to drive out to Palm Springs for dinner. However after the long day, we ended up wanting to stay more local...like we always do. Both Chris and I are very much homebodies in the evenings. During the day, I'm constantly going different places with the kids, obviously because the outings are for their enjoyment more than mine. But when it comes to our downtime at night, we both love to just relax at home. More often than not, we like to get back early from a night out so we can have some relaxing time before heading to bed. For some reason, I hate getting home from something and heading straight to bed. Anyway, it was a nice night and we are just about to watch Southland with a bowl of ice cream as our relaxing ending. :)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Glad you could go out and celebrate your anniversary :) I don't always love driving far for date nights either... and I'm with you on it being nice to relax a little before going to bed.

Jannae said...

Southland!!!! We loveeeee that show!!
Happy Anniversary!

Jessica deBruyn said...

Happy 9 Year anniversary! I am surprised to not read any restaurant review or score on your meal, though... was it good???