Tuesday, September 6, 2011

birthday weekend

Well, Cam's birthday week is officially over. We got back from my in-laws' yesterday. Saturday we went up to Hume Lake's Country Fair. There were game booths, bounce houses, and the lake. Sunday was party day. Chris' mom NEVER disappoints food-wise when we have a get together. We requested a make your own pizza bar. I can't believe how much work this took. Not only did she make homemade crust, but we then chose from over 25 toppings! She had several kinds of gourmet cheeses, veggies, tons of meats, nuts, etc. It was amazing, to say the least. :)

The night before I made the pirate cake I mentioned last week. It turned out pretty cute and while time consuming, was very easy.




My sweet boy.


Some good friends and their kids came over for the afternoon, so after we ate we let the kids enjoy the slip n' slide and kid pool.




This last picture was actually taken that morning before church. I couldn't resist because she just looked so stinking cute in the new dress from grandma. :)


I hope fond memories of the weekend will help distract Kendall today as she is in the midst of "operation laxative". Here's our conversation on our way to Walmart this morning:

Kendall: I don't want to go to Walmart!
Me: But we need to get some groceries.
Kendall: And medicine?
Cameron: Yes! Medicine so your poops will come out!
Kendall: I don't want my poops to come out because it's yucky!!

Little did she know how miserable it would be. We have had lots of tears (me AND her) the past couple hours.
Suppository + laxative = unhappy Kendall. I sure hope this works...

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Have you tried Mirilax? It does wonders and is not uncomfortable at all for them. It's a stool softener and takes 24 hours to work. It's safe to use for a long time too. Just thought I'd mention it :)

Glad you had a fun trip!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sorry this is miserable for her! I pray it will all come out and that she will be able to realize that she feels BETTER!

Mom

Kelly said...

Jessica, she had to do both the suppository and Mirilax. The doc had us use 1/2 the bottle of Mirilax to start out (and really clean her out). Now she'll just be on a small dose every day until the doc says otherwise. :)

Anonymous said...

That's nice to hear from Jessica that it's not uncomfortable at all in the smaller dose!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh poor Kendall!! =( Sounds awful. =(

Hey, we need a close-up of the cake!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree--a close-up of the cake!! It looks COOL! And the whole pirate theme looks great. Yum, am just imagining all those toppings!
--Mom