Friday, September 16, 2011

*To help my little girl along with her pooping woes, I made some tasty muffins using Fiber 1 Cereal. Cam likes them too and they are great to cut open and put a little peanut butter in the center for his lunches. I was also able to sneak some veggies in and I swear you can't taste them!



Buttermilk Raisin Bran Muffins

2 cups Fiber 1 Cereal (crushed to a powder)
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup raisins
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup olive oil
1 egg
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 tbls Wheat Germ
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup pureed cauliflower
1/3 cup pureed garbanzo beans

Mix all ingredients and pour into prepared muffin tin. Bake at 350 for approx 12-15 minutes. Makes 12 good size muffins.

*I LOVE country music. I love how simple the themes of the songs are and it just always lightens my mood. I've noticed that, despite it being mild compared to a lot of other genres, there are still things about many of the songs that I don't want my kids to listen to. So if we aren't listening to their CD's, we now listen to music from our local Christan station. I'm not the biggest fan of the music, but a few songs have already grown on me and I like the fact that it is not only safe for the kids to listen to, but it is GOOD for all of us. :)

*Chris and I have officially decided that the Peter Pan ride at Disneyland is a waste. Yes, it's cute...but totally not worth the wait. While he and Kendall waited in that line yesterday, Cam and I went on three rides!

*We went to a park playdate this morning with my moms' group from church. Cam LOVED it and a friend of mine even commented on how social he was being. :)

*One of my favorite parts of the day is getting Kendall up from her nap. She lets me cuddle for a few minutes and I just soak it up. :)

*Want to settle a debate between my sister and I? When you write a post for your blog, do you say...

"I blogged today"
OR
"I posted today"

7 comments:

Jessy said...

Ok i say i "blogged."
And, i love your posts. :)
And it was soooo nice to see you guys today....that friend ofnyours who commented on camerons social cuteness today, she sounds like a genius.

Jen Scholte said...

So funny, Kelly! I've started listening to Christian music too if we're not listening to "their" cds! And I agree...some of the songs are really growing on me and I love it when Ella recognizes a song on there.

Jannae said...

i say i blogged or i am blogging! :)

Anonymous said...

Kelly, no! That is not the question! What I'm talking about is when people say, "I wrote a new blog today." No, you wrote a new POST today, because unless you started an entirely new blog on Blogger, for example, you didn't write a new BLOG.

You just wrote a new POST on your BLOG.

I say, "I blogged today too." .... That's just the general action to writing on your blog.

=)

Kelly said...

Whatever, Susan. :) You have to be consistent and no one uses "post" when talking at all about blogs. You are just need to accept it and scratch your dirty neck. :)

Anonymous said...

New name:

Buttermilk Raisen Bran Cauliflower Garbanzo Bean Muffins :)

Mom

Anonymous said...

I will NOT scratch my neck. I'll prove you wrong yet!!!