Friday, September 30, 2011

chick peas and whoopie pies

I saw these roasted chick peas in a magazine and wanted to try them. I think they are the tastiest little things and sooo healthy (I just did olive oil and garlic salt)! I think they'll be great on salads and just to snack on. I'm still trying to sell the kids on them, calling them "magic beans". :) Chris? Well, when he tried one he surprised me by saying that they weren't that bad. "So would you eat them if I put a bowl in front of you?" "Um, no". Darn.


Whoopie Pies seem to be the "in" thing right now. A friend tried some pumpkin ones with maple filling that sounded really good. My grocery store was out of pumpkin, so I made chocolate whoopie pies with cream cheese filling. While they were VERY good, I think I need to try ones with a marshmallow filling base. A cream cheese frosting is a little too runny. But they are very easy and make a pretty presentation, so I will definitely try more flavors. :)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

oh yum, I love roasted chick peas. I think I need to stop by your house once a week and pick up whatever goodie you're making ;)

Jannae said...

I love that you are always trying new baking things! :)

Jana said...

I made the roasted chick peas a while back and we're all fans. Thanks!