Saturday, September 17, 2011

branching out

When it comes to eating out, Chris and I are not the branching out type. We typically stick to the restaurants we know we like. I HATE walking out of a dinner feeling yucky because we wasted $30-$40 on food that wasn't that great.

Tonight we decided to give it another try, but it only solidified why we just need to stick to what we know. With that said, we actually had a really nice evening together. We went to downtown Palm Springs and enjoyed walking around. The restaurant we chose was very cool looking and I loved eating out on the patio (I love people watching). We had nice, uninterrupted conversation, which we all know is a rarity with small kids.

However we both gave our meals a 6...and that is pretty low, even for us. I chose a "Tuna with Artichoke, Provolone and Garlic Aioli Panini". Sounds good, right? It tasted like tuna and bread with no other flavor. Oh well. I guess I need to look at the fact that everything else about the night was great. And Cheesecake Factory...we'll see you soon. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recognize that place across the street--know right where you were. Glad the ambiance at least was great.
Mom

Jessica said...

That is a bummer... I was so hoping you would say you were glad you strayed from your norm!

I so rarely have that happen, where I don't like something. But I think I'm really just not picky, and I tend to go for flavors that sound good together. However, it IS disappointing when you pay money for something you didn't love.