Tuesday, September 13, 2011

still not used to it

While there are some advantages to Cam's 11:30-3 school schedule (like me getting some down time since Kendall naps then), I still can't say I'm a fan. I would rather have his school in the morning. It's hard to go on outings in the morning because they many times are cut short. I like afternoon outings because they are open ended and I never have to worry about when we get home.

I know this is such a SMALL complaint and I wouldn't trade having him in this school for anything! So I just need to keep plugging away at the things we have discovered for our 6:30am-11:30am time slot. :)

*"Nature Walks": The name came from the first time we went and we collected leaves and rocks. Now these just consist of riding bikes/pushing baby strollers around our neighborhood. We do this most every day and it eats about 30 minutes. :)

*Library Playtime: I wish this was twice a week. It eats about an hour.

*McDonald's: We do this about once a week because there is one close to Cam's school. Eats about 45 minutes.

*"Jake and the Neverland Pirates": Going to be honest and tell you that these 23 minutes (if you have Tivo, you know that's how long the kids shows last) of my morning is something I look forward to. I get to sit down, email, and relax.

*Playtime in Bed: Kendall likes to play in her bed (I think it's because she gets to have her pacifier in bed). Cam and I will hang out in her room and it's a good time to read together without her coming over and pounding on the book while we read. :)

*Walmart: Always a good time to be had at Walmart :)

*Parks: We'll frequent these more now that the weather is better.

That's about it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What does Kendall do when she plays in her crib?

Maybe the Yucaipa library has a story day that's different from your Beaumont one.

Mom