Thursday, May 24, 2012

food stuff

*I LOVE egg salad sandwiches (feel free to gag now, Susan).  I remember I used to get them daily for lunch in college on really soft squaw bread.  Mmmm...  It's very expensive to buy in the deli so I rarely eat it.  I make my own every now and then and always wonder why I don't do it more often.  Today's lunch included an egg salad wrap. Very yummy.


*I made some goodies for Cam's speech teachers for their last session.  I made these sugar cookie bars but instead topped them with Biscoff frosting from this recipe.  I can't believe they are so good, yet aren't chocolate. :)


*Tonight's dinner is Poor Man's Stroganoff.  We used to have this a lot growing up and I have not had it in ages.

Quote of the day:

This morning on our walk we saw a snail slurping across the street.  The kids were excited.  They were even more excited when I suggested we take him home and put him on our sidewalk so we could keep an eye on him (I was given strict instructions before Cam left for school to make sure he was kept safe).  Kendall commented:

"When I was a little girl, I touched a snail.  I touched the sticky part and I was all snail'd." :)










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was a little girl--that's priceless.

So did you keep him safe while Cam was at school?
Mom

Jessica said...

Kendall's comment cracked me up, too cute!

I love egg salad sandwiches too. I've made pioneer woman's recipe which includes avocado, I love it.