Tuesday, May 8, 2012

*I can't believe I wrote about the free patio umbrella my parents got for us a few weeks ago and last night was the first time we used it as a family.  Pathetic, Kelly.  Anyway, unfortunately I picked a night that was pretty windy, but the kids loved it which motivated me to do it again.  We had pulled pork sandwiches with homemade BBQ sauce.  Chris: 9  Kelly: 9 (sidenote:  I added 1/2 cup honey to the sauce as we like more of a sweet sauce).


*We are almost ready to convert Kendall's room into a big girl room.  This morning we went to the thrift store to pick up some frames to paint.  Thanks to Jessica's Pinterest wall, I found this idea.  I just need to figure out how to find the little butterflies or at least something similar.


*We are heading up north this weekend to my in-laws.  The kids are VERY excited.  I think I've convinced Cameron that having a bonfire (which has become a little tradition) probably wouldn't be quite as fun in 90 degree weather. :)

*Got some birthday money I'm going to spend on getting my hair done tonight.  

*Cam went to the dentist last week.  I was SO proud of my little guy who didn't bat an eye despite three separate people prying and peeking into his mouth.  What a champ. :)

*Both kids love their new fish Petey.  They loved watching me clean his bowl this morning.  Here is Kendall the day we brought him home.





                                            






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is the cutest conversation about Petey! "Oh, look, he's using the mirror."

I LOVE that wall! Hey, I wanna do that too. What a clever, clever idea.

Mom