Monday, May 21, 2012

staycation


This weekend Chris and I had a mini vacation here at home.  My parents had the kids from Saturday-Monday.  On Saturday our friends Jeremy and Ana drove out to hang out and spend the night (w/o kids as well).  The guys golfed, we got pedicures, watched a movie (The Vow...we both enjoyed), went out to dinner, etc.  It was so fun to have them here. :)

One of our goals for the weekend was to get Kendall's bed up.  I think my wall decor turned out nicely and Kendall has been over the moon about her bed.  In fact, she currently has been down for her "nap" (meaning singing, talking, and climbing around) for about an hour.  I'm sure bedtime will be much of the same. :)


Another goal was to paint a small portion of our kitchen wall.  We had a leak problem and the dry wall had to be torn out.  Well, after realizing we used the wrong paint color, we ended up having to paint the entire wall again.  Not really what we had in mind for our vacation, but at least it's done. :)




The kids had a GREAT time with my parents.  One highlight was going on a neighborhood scavenger hunt where they would go door to door asking for different objects (rubberband, pen, etc.).  One of their neighbors gave them each a dollar.  Later my dad took them to the 99 cent store and let them each pick out something fun.

We are sooo thankful to my parents for taking the kids and giving us such a nice weekend.  Thank you!! :)


2 comments:

Ross and Amy Free said...

We saw The Vow as well and liked it- Channing Tatum wrapped up the Oscar as far as I'm concerned. Chris- I recently saw The Avengers and it was really good- I was surprised as I hadn't seen many of the movies that led up to it.

North Dakota for life.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Kelly. You have the best parents ever. You're so lucky!