Monday, May 14, 2012

visit up north

We had another very fun weekend at my in-laws. Both kids had a wonderful time and I'll admit it was hard to get back to the reality of no longer having someone else make my meals for me (luckily we were sent home with plenty of leftovers so tonight is pretty much done). Here are a few highlights:

While we didn't do nature hikes this time, they still loved riding their bikes and playing with the dog.   Here we are taking a little break as it was a rather warm weekend. :)


Debbie and Wayne had a few boxes of old picture frames they let me sort through.  I found plenty to use for Kendall's new room and even got to paint them all!!




We don't find too many frogs around our neighborhood, so finding one was a treat.  They named him "Vainey" (I have no idea where that name came from). Here they are trying to lure him out of his hiding spot.


On Mother's Day Chris and his dad took the kids for a while so Debbie and I could relax (soooo nice to sit in their recliner reading the cooking magazines she had bought for me while watching a made for TV movie).  They took the kids to a tourist spot right off the 99 called Bravo Cheese Factory.




It's always fun for the kids to play Wii when we are up there.  I've seen the kids dance to one before and thought it was cute.  I tried it for the first time and felt very uncoordinated having never done it before. I guess my dancing skills have dwindled since my high school days of cheer. :)   But I still gave it a good try...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness...what a fun weekend! And how great that they had all those frames for you.

Loved the video. Are you all 4 just following along like an exercise video or are you affecting the exercise on the screen by your movements?

Jessica said...

Sounds like a fun trip! Score for you getting frames for free.