Thursday, May 31, 2012

cinnamon rolls

I might have posted this recipe before, but I've tweaked it again to make them even healthier.  The kids love them!!  I will say they are very heavy/dense.  So if your family is used to light and fluffy cinnamon rolls, it might take some getting used to. :)  But they are just so darn quick to make since they don't have yeast and you don't have to prep them the night before.

Quick and Healthy Cinnamon rolls (makes 8)

2 tbls. butter
3 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup milk
2 tbls. flaxseed
applesauce
brown sugar
cinnamon

Combine first 6 ingredients.  Mix with your hands and roll out onto a floured surface.  Spread a thin layer of applesauce.  Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon (I'll admit I do a hefty amount of sugar).  Roll up.  Cut into rolls and bake at 350 for approximately 15 minutes.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you and Cameron are having a great time on your "just us two" weekend. I think it's so great that you and Chris do individual things with each kid.
Love from Germany,
Mom