Thursday, August 29, 2013

7 years

Tomorrow is my sweet, amazing, generous, unselfish, empathetic, little guy's 7th birthday. Sometimes I'm blown away at the sweetness of this boy. Whether it's asking me, "How was your time with your friends, mom?" or randomly thanking me for, "always entertaining us all day", he never ceases to amaze me.

We've had our challenges but one thing I'm so thankful for is that even during times I might be frustrated, I have a list a mile long of the kind and wonderful things he does on a regular basis that I need only think about and I'm instantly brought back to being patient. I love, love, love him. Love him.

We've done a few special birthday things this week leading up to tomorrow. One was yesterday morning when he was given (as requested a long time ago) an oversized donut from his favorite donut shop for breakfast. Tomorrow we'll be heading up to my in-laws for the weekend. We've made a tradition of always going up on his birthday so he can celebrate with both sides of the family. :)


CAM: "Hmmm...this tastes exactly like a regular donut...only bigger." 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't have put it better in describing his sweet, unselfish nature. He is a model for me in many ways. I love, love, love him too!

That is one monster donut! Never seen one like that.

Mom