Friday, January 31, 2014

sticky situations

*I feel like in most aspects, I'm a decent mom...except when it comes to costumes. I don't have the knack nor the enthusiasm when it comes to school spirit days. When I get a note home that next week is "dress like a scarecrow", I groan inside. I don't want to spend any money on something he'll most likely shed 10 minutes after being at school, however I also want him to be proud of what he wears and not embarrassed. :)

Today was the 100th day of school and the kids had to dress like they were 100 years old. Really?? Ugh. :) For 99 cents (spent on his glass/nose thingy), I think he came out pretty well. And HE was happy and excited. That's all that mattered. :)


*So I've had an umbilical hernia ever since Kendall was born (thanks pregnancy!). It's gradually gotten worse and I've finally come to realize I need to get it checked out. What I'd like the doc to say is that it's fine and will just be an annoying thing I have to live with. I DON'T want him to say I need surgery. Because surgery with a high deductible health plan = money. :(

*My parents are coming over for the Superbowl and to celebrate my dad's birthday. I'm trying to find a new and yummy dessert to make. This one looked amazing but seeing as my dad will make us keep it here afterward (he'll not want the temptation at their house), I decided a dessert with 3 cups of heavy cream (yikes!) is also not something we should be keeping around our house either. :) Hopefully I can find something a tiny bit less "add a pound for every slice". :)

*A friend of mine recommended a book that her and her daughter go through. I decided to buy it because it sounded so cool. It came in the mail a few days ago and it is SUPER cool. :) It's called Sticky Situations. Each day has a story about a situation to read. At the end there are three options given that your kids choose from on how they should respond. The idea is for your kids to pick which decision is the one Jesus would want you to make. 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is the most awesome costume! He is adorable! High-five, Mom. It's sad, of course, that you didn't inherit my costume-making genes. :)

Can't wait to see the sticky situations book.

Mom

Jessica said...

Costumes are not my strength either. His turned out cute!

I put that book on my wish list, looks good :) I think you should post a list of some of your favorite questions you've used at dinner, I want to make some to do with my kids :)