Wednesday, March 5, 2014

spy kids

*One of the kids' (Kendall especially) favorite games to play is called "Assignments". I'm not sure how this came about. Basically I sit in a chair in the driveway and give her tasks to complete on her scooter/bike. One might be, "Ride your bike up to the mailboxes, do five jumping jacks, ride to our neighbors' porch and touch their fountain with your thumb...then come back." Each time she returns she is rewarded with one chocolate chip. It's really the best of both worlds because she has a blast and I get to relax and read a magazine! :)


*We stumbled across Spy Kids 4 the other day on Netflix. My kids LOVED, LOVED it!!!



*Yesterday's library storytime was SOOO interesting. I found myself wanting to check out the kids book she read which was about the beginnings of the Iditarod dog races. The kids got to make their own pine cone dog. :)


*Got an eggplant today at the fruit stand. Now to figure out how to make it palatable for the kids (and Chris!) :)



3 comments:

Jessica said...

I slice eggplant and roast it in the oven. It's yummy.

I'll have to see if my kids like that movie.

Teresa DiMillo said...

I love how creative you are with veggies, my staples are carrots and bellpeppers and that's always a fight. You inspire me to be more experimental.

Anonymous said...

"Assignments"--ingenious! HA!
Mom