A few thoughts on my 2-day career in subbing:
1. I had between 32-36 students in my 4th grade class throughout the day. What the??? HOW DO TEACHERS DO THAT???
2. Cussing to many high school kids is as common as the word "the". I can tell it happens even when the teacher IS there, so it's not a battle I'm willing to fight since I'm only there one day
3. 4th grade kids are better at technology than I am (these kids all had their own laptops)
4. I'm DEAD when I get home. I'm assuming this will change as I get more used to my days
5. Recess is glorious. Lunch is glorious
*Last night was a BIG night in our house since the Giants won the World Series. All four of us expressed sadness, however, that it also meant the end of our, "World Series Parties". The kids have LOVED spreading out a sheet and eating dinner while watching the games.
*I heard there was a slight chance of rain tomorrow night. I really, really hope it doesn't rain. We are all looking forward to trick-or-treating.
*Yesterday my sister gave me a new healthy snack bar she had made. I brought it home and gave the kids a bite. They loved it and so did I. She used strawberries instead of rasberries.