Tuesday, May 19, 2009

ethiopia

I mentioned in my previous post that my dad was in Ethiopia when Kendall was born. They were able to share the gospel all while helping the people by giving them new wheelchairs and eyeglasses. What an amazing example my dad is in spending his retirement years (well, he isn't technically retired but has a flexible schedule) by taking himself out of his comfortable life here and traveling to the most needy places, helping advance the kingdom of God!

Here is my dad praying with an Ethiopian:


Here are the wheelchairs that they make out of regular patio chairs:


This young girl, previously unable to walk, was healed while they were there and can now walk!

3 comments:

Donna Stark said...

So glad you posted these. Yes, it seems that it was an amazing time of seeing God work in the hearts of Ethiopians. And the Ethiopian Christians they partnered with were so overjoyed to see so many of their fellow Ethiopians come to Christ during the week the Americans were there. And, yes, you have a VERY special dad!

Team Harry said...

Wow awesome!! Thanks for sharing those pictures!! What a great example your Dad must be to you!

I love the pic of the girl walking. Our God is the same God who heals and makes all things new!!

susan said...

Yes, very cool. I think the other thing to mention is that it sounded like there will be good follow-up on the many who make decisions for Christ - by the churches already in place. That's really important.

I agree - Dad will be among those who "Finish Well." =)