Sunday, May 17, 2009

some bullets

*Cam napped for 3 hours today. What the heck? Is this what typical moms get to have every single day? I simply can't imagine!

*Sometimes I nap and I admit that it does feel nice to just relax when you are exhausted. However here is my theory on naps: Even on the days I take a nap, I'm just as tired come bedtime. So what is the point when there are so many things I could get done during that time?

*My mom brought home tons of salad stuff and chopped it all up for us to have on hand. Yummy. Chris always teases her as the "queen of the salads" because she serves them with almost all her meals. :)

*The Office was great this week. This season hasn't lived up to the previous ones, so it is nice that they are getting back on track and super funny.

*If I could have one chore done for me all the time, it would be swiffering my kitchen floor.

*My dad won't be able to meet Kendall for another few weeks. He was in Ethiopia during her birth (on a missions trip where they passed out eye glasses/wheel chairs...something I'm so glad he went on and am much more thankful that he was able to minister to so many people rather than sit in a hospital waiting room). Now we learned that he really needs to stay away for a few weeks since he was in Africa and the incubation period for diseases he could have picked up won't be over until then.

*When I was a kid, I would tell people my two favorite foods were donuts and baked potatoes.

*Kendall has slept literally all day. Wonder what the night has in store for us...yikes.

*I'm in the odd transition phase where none of my real clothes fit, but so many of my maternity clothes are far too big. Hmmm....

*The Cherry Festival is coming to town. We went last year and while we had fun, there was something not quite right about spending $12 for the three of us to ride a dingy ferris wheel. Maybe we should re-evaluate this year...

4 comments:

Jessica said...

3 hours is a fantastic nap! That has only happened a few times with Ethan, and when it does it sure is wonderful. Lately it's only been an hour... but I sure do treasure that hour!

I serve a salad with almost every meal as well :)

The Office was great. I'll miss it all summer.

susan said...

I don't think 3 hours is typical. At least we MUST tell ourselves that it is not. Or we'll end up pulling all our hair out.

What a bummer about dad!!

Donuts. =) Remember the bear claws that Dad would sometimes bring home for us on Sat. mornings??!!! Oh those carefree, hyper-metabolism days!!

Kelly said...

Talk about hyper-metabolism...we used to actually put more butter on the bear claws and then stick them in the microwave!!

Team Harry said...

Bummer about your Dad!! Thats so sad!! I bet he is so bummed!!

Yes, 2-3 hrs was always the norm for my kids... Maybe Kendell will be a napper!! It's typical if your kids & you adjust well to Babywise.

I rarely take naps because then I'm up all night. Some say that if you are gonna nap make it like a 20-30 min nap and you won't feel bad after.

Love you guys!