Friday, May 29, 2009

Misc.

*On Memorial Day, Chris's aunt Noonie and her friend Deb stopped by to meet Kendall. They came with some pretty adorable clothes for both Cameron and Kendall. Thanks!



*When Chris's parents were here over the weekend, Debbie bought a cute sprinkler play toy. We brought it out again yesterday and Cam was quite the fan.



*I've never had a cocktail, but I've decided between the hours of 6:30pm-8:30pm might be a good time to try one (kidding...obviously I'm breastfeeding). These, as most moms know, can be the FUSSIEST hours of the day. Yee Gads Kendall!

*Speaking of Kendall, we are attempting to do her naps in her bed, rather than on mommy. I'm trying the "cry for 15 minute" rule, which is why I'm blogging right now in Chris's office so I don't have to hear her. :(

*Last night a friend from my Bible Study brought us Shish-kabobs. There were so scrumptious. I always tend to bring a casserole mainly because it's so easy. I know these took her quite a bit of time/labor, but boy were they great!

*We are selling our Nissan Altima. If you know anyone that might be interested, here is the Criag's List link:
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/1182688207.html

*This was an attempt at a family picture for our birth announcement we will send. Unfortunately it came out blurry, which I was bummed about b/c I think it is such a great picture.



*Oops...it's been 15 minutes...ta-ta for now!

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Cute pictures :) Shiskabobs are a lot of work to bring someone, I'm impressed. I tend to stick with casseroles as well.

Good luck with the napping, hopefully it gets better :) WE let Ethan cry it out when he was that young in order to fall asleep... it's tough but so worth it when they learn to put themselves to sleep :) Right now we are dealing with it all over again because Ethan has developed some bad habits and boy can he cry MUCH longer and louder than when he was a baby!

Los Claytons said...

I think the picture is really cute! Doesn't look blurry to me :)

I just wanted to make a suggestion about selling your car on craigslist. We had a really good time getting non-flaky "buyers" to come through. After six months we went with Autotrader and it sold in less than a week. Auto trader does cost ($29 for a 3 week ad), but if your car isn't selling consider it! Money well spent in my opinion!

Donna Stark said...

Ah, yes, the magic dinner hour--no matter how old we moms get, we can remember "the dreaded dinner hour." Somehow when you're in it, it helps to know that all your time zone,other parents are experiencing it too. (Is it perverse for that to help? :o)

That IS a cute family picture. You just need someone saying "HOOOOOOTIE" to get a smile from Cam. :o)

Jen Epperson said...

I was just going to write the same thing someone else wrote--I've heard its best to do Autotrader as well. Much more exposure and less chance of scams/rip offs. I love Craigslist, but I've heard for cars Autotrader is the way to go! :)

Kelly said...

Thanks for the auto advice. :) And I better explain about the "hooootie" my mom said (that makes Cam laugh) as you might think, "What an odd word they use to get him to laugh!". It is actually the name of a train in one of his books and we say it in a funny way. :)

susan said...

Yes, I'm glad you explained that, because isn't "hootie" kind of another word for booby?

Like a kid version of "hooters."

I was just about to report you.

And the time zone thing Mom said doesn't work with me - while you are bouncing your screaming babe, I'm getting my sweet z's over here as it's 3:30 in the morning.

heehee

Donna Stark said...

No, I meant moms in your same time zone are struggling with the dinner hour, too. :o)

south beach said...

You have a lot of kids