Tuesday, September 8, 2009

30th

Chris's 30th birthday is coming up in about a month. Several weeks ago I had an idea and I ran with it. I've been sooo anxious to tell him and I finally did yesterday. The reason I told him so early was because I wanted him to be able to plan for work. I like to have something like this to look forward to, so I wanted that for him also. I made it kind of fun by creating a treasure hunt. Here were my clues:

(please excuse the grammar as that wasn't my top priority)
Whether you are telling a story, or kicking a dog you named “Punt”, (if you are on FB, you'll get that)
you bring so much fun to my life, so I’m sending you on a treasure hunt.
For your first clue, let’s start in a pretty easy place.
Please go look under the mat where Kendall looks at her pretty face!

The 7 Layer appetizer we made for Cam’s party came out pretty hip
Please go look in the bag of what you used to dip

We like to watch movies, but I think we like TV more

Go look in our favorite sitcom DVD case…season 4

Why the hunt? Well, it actually is your birthday gift from me.
So go look behind our living room tree.

I thought long and hard about the perfect present to give to you
More than a tangible gift, I wanted it to be something you could do!
Hmmm…what does Chris like? What makes him light up in the eyes?
I know, what about a trip to Vegas with his guys?
On Oct. 16, you and Jeremy won’t be heading too far…
Just to Sam’s Town, and you’ll be taking Jeremy’s car!!
But you have to make a stop along the way, just a detour of sorts
Because you’ll have to pick up your friend, Noah, at the Vegas Airport!
2 nights of fun await you…gambling, eating, anything you please
Why? Because you have made being married such a breeze! I love you!!!


Well, he was SUPER surprised and is very excited. I feel quite proud of myself with this gift as it is usually so hard to pick something out for Chris that he'll truly love. :)

5 comments:

The Bagley Bunch said...

very creative and oh so cute!! Way to go Kel!

susan said...

Ohhhh that is soooo cool!!!! Good job! Well done!!!! That is one well-loved guy!

Happy Birthday, Chris! Hope you guys have a blast!

Jessica said...

That is so fun! You're a great wife :)

Donna Stark said...

What a perfect, creative gift!!! I bet he was SOOOO jazzed when he found the last clue. If only every husband had a wife like you. :o)

Anonymous said...

YAY Kelly!! That is SO FUN!! I bet Chris just LOVED it!! super great to surprise him like that!!