Thursday, September 24, 2009

pet peeves

Here are a few totally petty and non important pet peeves I've noticed I have lately:

*Often when I read an interview with a celebrity or even someone I am talking to, they'll say, "Well, I'm _______ (Greek, Italian, from the south, etc.), so food is really important at our family gatherings." I feel like saying, "At what family gathering ISN'T food important???" Food is always focal at our gatherings. What family gets together on a regular basis and doesn't enjoy feasting on either a homemade meal or a good meal out? Food isn't JUST important to a certain ethnicity or people from a certain region of the America! :)

*I HATE when Cam's high chair tray is dirty. I usually clean it right after his meal because I hate walking by it later seeing it filled with crumbs and smeared peanut butter.

*I was recently watching The View and the women were talking about how outraged they were at the senator who said, "You lie!" to Obama. They thought it was extremely disrespectful. I completely agree...HOWEVER, did they not regularly call Bush things like "idiot" and "retarded"??? While it is slightly different because of the forum in which the senator made the comment, it does seem a little hypocritical on their part.

*I don't like clutter (papers, food, etc.) on our island in the kitchen. It makes the whole kitchen seem cluttered.

*We have one of those useless stop signs in our area due to construction. Two sides are blocked, making it impossible for any two cars to run into one another because you can't go opposite ways. I get irritated when people make a complete stop. Yes, I know I have no right to get irritated b/c they are obeying the law...but it still bugs me. :)

2 comments:

Ross and Amy Free said...

Good point about Bush. It was constant open season on that poor guy.

Donna Stark said...

Since 2 of your 5 pet peeves involve a messy house, I'd say that's why you have a neat one.