Saturday, September 26, 2009

boot camp

Yesterday we finally started potty training. We have had things the past few weekends and I wanted a clear schedule to give it our best shot. We started yesterday after school and basically gave him a little more liquid than normal and took him to the potty every 30 minutes. I think he could care less if he peed on the floor, so we aren't doing the nooty booty method, just underwear (he hates feeling wet). I made the mistake of having Chris take him on an outing to the golf store. We thought Chris could take him to the potty when they got there, then again when they left. The problem we realized was that Cam wasn't a fan of going in a public restroom. Oops. Accident #1 at Sports Authority.

Success #1 happened last night when he told us he had to go, then actually went! This morning we are doing more of the same. I braved a walk with the two. Boy was I bookin it in order to make it back during my 30 minute window! Just now he did half a stink bug (that is our name for it) in his underwear, then asked for help and finished in the toilet. Partial success!

Here he is during one of his successful potty appointments. Sometimes he'll ask for his "potty candy" (one chocolate chip and one Reeses chip) and sometimes he won't. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wahoooooooooo!!! I would DEFINITELY call that progress!!!! Here's to big boy underwear!!

Jessica said...

yay, it sounds like things went pretty well! That's great! I hope the progress continues and within a few weeks he is officially "trained" :)

Anonymous said...

Nooty booty!! LOL! that is funny!! YAY for potty training!! WOOT WOOT!! And my kids are still particular where they will/wont go. Zach went through a phase where he wanted to see every public restroom. It was a curiousity thing, I think? VERY strange. I'd walk him into the bathroom and he's walk around opening stalls, looking at the color of the soap, counting the number of toilets, pointing out the tile floors, etc. It was SO odd!!

Donna Stark said...

Boy, this sounds like a very successful beginning! You go, Cam!!