Wednesday, September 9, 2009

list

Today's Costco list:

*Crackers: Basically you'll find two types of crackers in our house, Wheat Thins and Cheez-its. The reason is due to the fact that this is the choice we get from Costco. We tend to alternate. Today is Wheat Thins.

*Paper Plates: No, these aren't good for our environment. Yes, we buy them because we are lazy and it cuts down on the amount of times we run our dishwasher. Sorry, Susan.

*Milk:
2 gallons of milk are $3.23. Just one gallon at the store is nearly that much. The only thing I don't like is that they don't sell 1%.

*Eggs: I actually used all 18 the last time we bought them because I've started making Chris egg burritos in the morning (egg white burritos that is).

*Bananas: We get bananas EVERY week at Costco and use them all.

*Beef:
Every few weeks, we like to get a cut of beef, cook it in the crock pot, then shred it for tacos (we also have plenty to freeze for future meals). I couldn't tell you the cut because as I've mentioned before, I'm not a red meat fanatic.

*Chinese Chicken Salad Kit:
This is for some girlfriends and I who are getting together tomorrow for lunch.

*Chocolate Chips:
I always buy them here. Not sure if they are cheaper...I guess I just assume they are because it's Costco, after all. :)

4 comments:

Donna Stark said...

And you and Chris can have that giant bag of chocolate chips around the house because you have WILL POWER! I think the only time anyone reaches in & takes a few for a snack is when your parents come out to babysit.

Jessica said...

That seems like a nice small list to me :) I hate when it's huge and we have to spend a ton.

I'm curious what kind of meat you use... can you look at the cut and tell me ? :)

I've found the cheapest place to buy chocolate chips is Trader Joe's (and good baking chocolate).

Jen Epperson said...

I LOVE buying bananas there! They are seriously like less than 2 bucks!

susan said...

My thoughts:

* I could never visit your home b/c I can't control myself around cheez-its.

* Yes, I was just starting to frown at the paper plates thing when I saw your "sorry, Susan." Funny! But it doesn't make up for it. =) I will have to work on my arguments to convince you. =)

* You are a COLOSSAL FREAK OF NATURE that you can keep a bag of opened chocolate chips in your pantry.