Saturday, September 12, 2009

as of late

*Tmoms (my church's MOPS) started yesterday, which I was so thankful for. I love going and was anxious to get back. It was Kendall's first time in the nursery and she did well.

*I pulled a muscle in my back a couple days ago. The pain was so bad that I went to Urgent Care last night, thinking maybe it was something more serious. Thankfully I was the only one there and got seen right away. They did an EKG because the pain actually started as chest pain, then spread to my back. Luckily a pulled muscle was the diagnosis, but it is still VERY painful and I really feel for those who struggle with back pain on a regular basis. Chris was planning on golfing today, but offered to stay at home to do the Kendall holding. It also makes me feel for single moms. I can't imagine not having as much help as I get from Chris.

*We rented "State of Play" last night but couldn't watch it because of my Urgent Care visit. We'll rent it another time as tonight we got our sitter so we could go out to dinner. We haven't had her since Kendall was born. Whenever she came before, Cam was always in bed and she would sometimes ask, "Do I ever get to play with Cameron?". :) I joked with her that if she thought Cam went to bed early, Kendall actually goes to bed at 6:00, so the most she'll see of her is a possible visit in the dark to stick her pacifier back in!

*Potty training is moving back another week because Chris is taking Cam up to his parents next week. Didn't think it too nice to say, "Here Debbie, could you do some potty training boot camp during the visit?" :)

*We started buying Gordita tortillas. They are extra thick, which equals extra good.

*My computer button broke a while ago (ahem...Dad) and now it won't work at all. Hopefully we can get it fixed to at least get on the computer as I have a few documents I really need.

*Did you know that a head of lettuce will last 2-3 weeks if you don't take off the outer layer and don't wash it? It is after you wash it that it only will last a few days.

*When you put oil into pasta water so the pasta won't stick together, it only serves to coat the pasta, making your sauce not stick as well (thanks for the tip, Rachel Ray magazine)

*Took Cam to feed the ducks this morning. I think I need to bring an entire loaf next time as he LOVES it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for a helpful hubby!! It is SUCH a gift!! I know Chris does so much for you!

I'm sooo sorry about your back! i really hope it gets to feeling better soon!! back pain is the WORST!!

Donna Stark said...

I'm so sorry about your back/chest,too. Pain is yucky! And so glad urgent care wasn't crowded.

The Bagley Bunch said...

Hmmm, never knew that about the oil and pasta...but I kinda like when you can still taste the difference between the two and the pasta is still al dente from not soaking up the sauce. I know, weird.

State of play we rented too, D got to watch it when i was at work, but I didn't ge to. let me know what you think.

And yeah, crazy about our post huh with the asthma? I would have NEVER given up dairy like that otherwise to test that theory but am so glad I did!!!

Glad you guys got a date night! Where did you go?

Jessica said...

I am glad Tmom is starting again too! I hope to make it next time :)