Sunday, September 27, 2009

our day

Today we decided to skip church as I wasn't completely confident in Cam's bladder to withstand the entire service. He has done GREAT the past two days and hasn't had any accidents since yesterday morning (and even pooped in the pot!). So when Cam woke up, Chris took him to get a donut (since he would miss his "church donut") and then to the park. Later in the morning we headed over to my mom's for lunch. My dad is in Ethiopia so I know she was glad to have the company.

Once we got home, we hung out while I baked A LOT for Chris's birthday this weekend. His family is coming down for his 30th. These are his all time favorite cookies which I've blogged about before (let me know if you want the recipe). Seriously, you'll fall over with delight if you eat one.



Later Chris and Kendall went to Staters to get ingredients for fajitas. Why fajitas? Because I've been craving those AMAZING tortillas from El Burrito ever since we had them a couple weeks back. On the way home from my mom's, we stopped to get a few. Interestingly when Chris asked for 4 tortillas, the woman told him he could only buy 2. Huh?? Can a restaurant do that? Chris felt like saying, "Um...you do realize that I'm wanting to give you more business, right?". However he kept quiet and we left with half the amount we wanted. :) Here is my carne asada cutter. It took him forever because I like my meat in super tiny pieces.



Now we are about to finish "Lions for Lambs". For some reason we get Showtime free for 2 months, so we tivo'd this the other night. It's pretty good so far...

7 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm glad that potty training is going so well for you, I hope the success continues!

That is so odd about El Burrito not wanting to sell you more than two burritos... I would have definitely said something :) Did they taste good with your fajita mixture? You really made me want a tortilla :)

Bonnie said...

Hooray for potty training success! :) Daniel was sporting his new Thomas the Train undies over his diaper last night because he found them and wanted to wear them right away. We may be joining the potty training "train" sooner than I thought.

Jannae said...

Soo cool about potty training! Keep it up!
The tortilla's from El Mariachi-right around the corner from your house next to what used to be Cold Stone- has AMAZING home made toritlla's you can buy (more then 2 at a time) and they are oooooo soooo gooooood! Try'm!

Kelly said...

Oh dear Jannae, El Burrito tortillas are hands down WAY better than El Mariachi. Yes, El Mariachi are great (we always get them when we get Carne Asada Fries...have you tried that heart attack in a carton?), but you have got to try El Burrito. So much better!! :)

Bethany said...

Hey Kelly-

I actually just came to your site looking for recipe ideas for dessert and - viola! - you have a picture of a delicious cookie! Will you email me the recipe? I am baking tomorrow for my brother's executive retreat (yes, I'm last minute scrambling!). Thanks! (kevansgirl@sbcglobal.net). - Bethany

Donna Stark said...

That man is going to have one fine birthday spread!!!

Jana said...

I think I need that cookie recipe when you get a chance... thanks!