Wednesday, February 10, 2010

cake pops

Every since I saw the recipe for Cake Pops, I've wanted to try them. I think they are the cutest, tastiest things I've had in a long time. They are pretty labor intensive, but they are also fun to make and taste VERY good. Here is the recipe, which also includes better pictures than what you see of mine below. You'll see that you can really go all out with the creativity of them. I just stuck with the basic ones since this was my first time.

These are red velvet cake balls. I want to try ultra chocolate ones, but since these aren't for myself (I made them for my mom's group table and Cam's teachers), I decided to go less rich.



Here is my taste tester. He gave them two thumbs up.

p.s. As I was watching the news tonight and seeing footage of snow that covers 1/3 of our country, I couldn't help but appreciate the fact that we were at the park today and I was wearing Capris. I know California has it's downsides, but the weather isn't one of them and as a stay at home mom, I'm super thankful for this.

5 comments:

Jessica deBruyn said...

I appreciate the thought of the snow... as a new stay at home mom, yeah, the snowed in aspect of this location is NOT fun! I definitely miss CA weather, even though you're right that it does have it's share of problems.

As for the cake pops... impressive!!

Jessica said...

Cute cake pops! I agree that they are labor intensive. I've only made them once. I can't wait to get one tomorrow at Tmoms ;)

I agree with you about being grateful that we can play outside in the winter. It is something I do not take for granted! We've enjoyed the sunshine as well :)

cheryl said...

Oh my goodness--i definitely need to see Kendall soon-she is getting so old!
and thanks for making me incredibly jealous about the weather..i DO live in ca and i'm stuck in the snow!!
hey, are you going to disneyland next week? our passes expire next week, so we are going tuesday and wednesday..its probably a terriable time to go because i think its a holiday on monday, but let me know if you are going to be there!

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful picture of Kendall! She looks like a little cover model! I'll take cake in any form, but I agree with you, chocolate is best!

susan said...

Good for you for not taking your weather for granted. The fact that we can't play outside for about 3 straight months in the year makes a TREMENDOUS difference. You find ways to pass the time, but I will say those months are not my favorites. =)

Now cake pops are DARLING, but they are smooshed in cake, right? Like smashed cake into a dense ball? It doesn't SOUND appealing, but it must be????