Friday, February 12, 2010

the last 24 hours

Good: We had good shish kabobs last night for dinner.
Bad: They were just that, good. Not great. This was a bummer because poor Chris spent over an hour putting them together.
Good: Kendall stayed in the nursery today for almost an hour, allowing me to enjoy some of my mom's group.
Bad: Due to poor napping because of my mom's group, her nap total for the day was worse than normal, 50 minutes (total!)
Good: Despite her non-napping day, she was remarkably happy.
Good: Picked Cam up a little early from school and got to see him passing out Valentines to his classmates during their party. So cute!
Good: It has been quite a while since I have cried this much...I'm making progress and succeeding more and being positive.
Good: Chris took Cam to his first t-ball practice. While it will take some getting used to for him (learning what to do and when), Cam was probably the most giddy, happy little guy the whole time.

And I'll leave it on a good one...good night.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Kelly, First I want to say that the cake pops were amazing! I planned to give one to J, one to D, and one for me. After eating one, I decided that D doesn't need one. And since J can't taste anything this weekend anyway.... ;-)

Secondly, I prayed for Cam to have a great t-ball practice. I'm so glad to hear that he was giddy! Cute!

I'm sorry that Kendall's nap schedule got messed up today. She was such a doll sitting there playing with her toys, though. Thanks for continuing to stick it out and come anyway. Our table needs you, and I love having you there!

Finally, I'm sorry about the discouraging meeting and the tears. From what you've shared, it seems that Cam is making great strides overall. We'll keep praying for his issues, but don't forget how sweet, fun, and precious he is!

Donna Stark said...

Boy, I'm behind on some good posts--your cake pops look smashing! And the video of Kendall laughing & shaking her head is awesome! (I dare anyone to watch it without smiling.)

I've already emailed you about what Cam's teacher said. And I'm smiling as I think of Cam's happiness at T-Ball practice. You go, little guy!!