Sunday, February 28, 2010

today

Today we headed to my mom's after church (my dad is in Liberia on a missions trip). Chris made the baked potato skillet I blogged about earlier and it was very yummy. We had a nice lunch and followed it with a walk around the block, making a quick stop at her friend's house so Cam could jump on the trampoline.

After my mom's, we stopped at the yogurt shop. I recently made a discovery that I'm quite excited about. You know the places where you can serve yourself? Well, who says you have to actually GET yogurt? Since Cam doesn't care for the stuff, but does like the toppings, we've turned it into quite a fun outing. What kid wouldn't get excited to look at the row of fun, colorful candy? I let him choose 5-6 toppings. But here is my trick: After he chooses one, he quickly moves on to look for the next. So he doesn't realize that I barely put 4 chocolate chips in the cup...not even half a scoop. I do this with each one so he ends up with about an 1/8 of a cup. The total for his cup o' candy today was 58 cents. Yep. You can't be that!

So we get a nice outing and an exciting time of candy hunting, all for the bargain price of 58 cents. :)

1 comment:

Donna Stark said...

...the bargain price of 58 cents PLUS the lower amount of sugar. I hear it takes him a while to pick up those little sprinkles with his fingers. Is that one he's looking at on his thumb?

Or is he counting on his fingers thinking, "Now, wait a minute...just how many candies did I end up with?"