Wednesday, July 20, 2011

cause for celebration and family dinner review


Today has been a good day...make that a GREAT day. I recently started researching a charter school nearby that we had heard AMAZING things about. It is one of those schools that has a lottery for enrollment. A gal I talked to waited 3 years to get her kids in there! Long story short, because they are starting a brand new "transitional kinder" class (for young 5 year olds), our little guy is officially a student of the school.

It all happened so fast and I'm VERY excited. I won't go into all the details of why we think it will be so good for Cam, but let's just say there is no other school I could think of that would be better suited for him. :)

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a different note, I've really been enjoying cooking for our family. I realized that cooking for just Chris and I caused us to eat the same things a lot. We didn't care about having tacos twice a week. Since I'm thinking kidwise in my meal planning now, I'm branching out more and more simply to up their exposure to different foods. I get more out of browsing blogs, cookbooks, etc. because I know I'll actually try many of the things I find.

I will say that I could never create a 5 day meal plan because we just have too many leftovers to warrant cooking something new each night...and I HATE to waste food. :) So tonight is a leftover night:

Chris: BBQ shredded pork pizza (on my homemade tortillas, which are GREAT for pizza)
Kelly: Meatloaf I posted yesterday
Cam: Mac and Cheese and meatloaf
Kendall: Mac and cheese and meatloaf

I'll serve each with veggies. I usually stick to the "Normandy" bag at Costco of frozen veggies (carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, squash). This is an area I could use a little inspiration in. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is a great day for me too--for the same reason! I heartily join you in your Wahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo for getting in the school!

As for your family dinners, it was cute the other day when Cam asked you "What are we having for family dinner tonight?" And then his telling me that you play high/low at them. Is his "low" usually that Kendall fussed that day? :)
--Mom

Kelly said...

Yes, his low is ALWAYS when Kendall fussed. :)

susan said...

Oh I'm so THRILLLLLLLLLLLED that he got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you, Lord!!

Jessica said...

Which Charter is it? What a praise and wonderful news :)

Glad your family dinners are going well!