Sunday, July 10, 2011

weekend getaway

Last week Chris and I were looking ahead to a weekend we needed to fill. He had just heard from his aunt that her condo was available (she not only allows us to use it, but loves for us to), so off we went! What a fun, fun weekend.

Saturday we headed out and made a stop in L.A. to walk around 3rd St. and the Santa Monica Pier. It was so nice to just have a change of scenery, be around tons of people, and experience the pier for the first time.

This carousel on the pier cracked me up. I'm used to Disneyland, where they check and double check everyone is safely secured before starting the ride. I was still buckling Cam in when this one lurched to a start. And boy did it go fast! Both kids LOVED it.





We picked the wrong route to the condo after the pier so it took a very long time. Both kids were complete champs in the car, which we were very grateful for.

This morning Chris took the kids to breakfast so I could relax for a while. He then picked me up and we headed to a great park. We had such a fun time together playing with the kids.




During Kendall's nap, I took Cam down to the beach and walked along the pier. The weather was such a nice break from back home.
(sorry it's a little grainy...took it with my phone)


After Kendall's nap, we went to the Thousand Oaks Mall and let the kids play. On our way home, we stopped at Gourmet Pizza Shoppe for dinner. I love that restaurant not only for their food, but for the atmosphere. We were both pretty tired from the trip and in one of those "I really don't care what the kids do" kind of moods, so it was nice that I didn't need to be bothered by the fact that Kendall insisted on taking off her shoes and walking around the restaurant. :)

Very fun weekend and a nice change from our norm weekend stuff!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness! I feel like I just took a little vacation myself--just reading about your weekend. What a great combination of things you did!!
--Mom