Sunday, July 24, 2011

*I feel like the back of coffee canisters always have bad directions for making coffee. Since I don't drink the stuff, I have no idea how it is supposed to taste. Each time I've followed the instructions, it's been way too strong. This past weekend I know my father-in-law was just being gracious in telling me it was fine, but even I thought it looked VERY dark.

*Last night we went to Gourmet Pizza with my parents and some of Chris' family who were visiting. Not only do we adore the pizza, but we like that it is a unique place that we can bring visitors. Most people don't have access to pizzas made with cream cheese, pesto, pasta, and cashews! :)

*On Thursday I'm going away for 2 nights with 4 of my friends from college. I'm very excited!

*Chris is making dinner tonight: Fajitas. Combine that with a new episode of Damages and we have a perfect evening. :)

*Tomorrow Cam starts a VBS at a church up the street. We felt it would be good for him to be around kids (in a daily atmosphere...rather than random kids at the park, mall, etc.). He's already hesitant and wants me to stay the whole time. I told him I would stay for a while the first day, but then he needed to be a big boy and stay the rest. We'll see! :)

*Movie afternoon today. Daddy went to get ice cream for the kids.




*I made enchiladas the other night and REALLY didn't want to heat up the kitchen for an hour. So I layered pieces of tortilla with the chicken/sauce in the crockpot. It came out great and I didn't have to turn on the oven!

*Did some baking this weekend. Yesterday I watched my niece for a few hours and the kids and I made a cookie pizza. Quite yummy and much easier than making individual cookies.



Today Cam and I made Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies (I LOVE pickypalate! She has such unique dessert recipes) except I substituted peanut butter cookie dough. Wow. Wow. Wow.



p.s. In case you are wondering what I do with all these treats...I'm freezing them for our girls' trip. :) There is no way I would have this much bad for you stuff hanging around waiting to be devoured. :)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Damages is only on Direcet TV now... what is with that???? we have Dish network. So odd. I've never heard of a show doing that.

I can't believe how much you bake :) Yummy stuff!

We love Gourmet pizza too... we just usually get it to go, but it does have a great atmosphere for kids.

Jana said...

Now I'm looking forward to our girls' weekend even more!!!

Charlee said...

the church up the street is great Breven went there for Awanas and some of the leaders are great for special needs kids. I hope he loves it!

I seriously should not read your blog hungry I now want chocolate!