Sunday, July 31, 2011

*Got back yesterday from 2 nights away with some girlfriends from college. Had the BEST possible time. I'll post more when I get some pics.

*This morning before breakfast:
Cam: Dear Jesus, thank you for being in our hearts and for loving us. Amen.
Me: Cameron, I sure love you.
Cam: And God and Jesus? They are good mans.

*Changed my mind. I want Ashley to choose Ben, not J.P.

*Chris' favorite store bought cookies are Mother's Taffy. I like to tease him because when he was a kid, he would have a specific number of seconds he would always dunk them in milk. Now he claims he is such an expert, he just KNOWS when they need to be brought back out. :)



*Cam ended up ADORING Vacation Bible School and was very sad that he wouldn't be returning this next week. Kendall also loved taking him in the mornings as we would hang out a while so she could listen to the opening music. I think we've decided to have him attend Awana in the fall at the same church.

*Starting to read "The Glass Castle" and really enjoying it. It was on my book club list a while back, but I never read it due to it not being in our library (and I was too lazy to go hunting around town for it).

*Hoping to make some sort of egg dish for dinner this week (frittata, quiche, etc.) The last time Cam visited my in-laws, my mother-in-law somehow managed to get Cam to like scrambled eggs. I was SO excited and I'm hoping Kendall will follow in his steps.

3 comments:

TessBenson said...

I like Ben, and because Ashley Annoys me, I hope she chooses JP.
Its so cool he enjoyed VBS, I really wanted to send my eldest, but since she is so stubborn she refuses to potty train, so we couldnt sign her up.

Anonymous said...

...and he SURE loves the Vacation Bible School CD, doesn't he? I'm so thankful for all those people who work in churches' VBS's!
--Mom

susan said...

Great post! I am SO happy that he loved VBS!!!! Wahoo! Looking forward to hearing about your time with your friends. I had already lost some respect for Chris for not liking chocolate... but to find out now that he is a cookie dunker... wow. Isn't it weird that I'm sitting in a little mountain city in POLAND while I write this to you?? So weird.