Monday, August 1, 2011

fun to look at...but...



I love browsing through other peoples' cookbooks. The other week I was feeding the cat of some friends of ours while they were away. They let us hang out and play with their toys while we were there, so I took advantage of the kids being occupied and cracked open her cookbooks.

I found this recipe that looked really fun. I only copied the tortilla idea and then filled it with scrambled eggs and cheese. It was relatively easy and made a cute presentation. However it REALLY wasn't the most practical to eat, especially for kids. Here is Cam's attempt:



Here is Kendall's satisfied face amidst cheers and claps from all three of us because she took a bite of the eggs. :)



So while it was kind of fun to try something new and creative, I think I'll stick to food that is a little more kid-friendly when it comes to actually eating it. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you're following through on your goal of introducing the kids to a wider variety of foods through your family dinners. Great!
--Mom