Wednesday, August 24, 2011

*Costco for dinner and grocery shopping last night. On the list:
Frozen Veggies
Bananas
Apples
Wheat Thins
Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches
Bread

*We celebrated my mom's birthday a couple nights ago. Here she is in her fabulous hat. She bought this a few weeks ago when she and my dad went to the Ventura Fair. Such a fun hat to have for Halloween...and birthday pictures!



*I've been struggling a little lately with getting frustrated with some things Cameron does that are just HIM. I'm pretty good about not showing him my frustration, because that is so not fair to him, but I still feel it and I feel guilty.

*Printed out a coupon online today for Chuck E Cheese. $20 for 100 tokens. This will get me about 7 visits. Not bad!




*Last year Cam was anxious every day during drop off at Pre-K...all the way until the very last day. So far he has only been anxious the first day of his new school. Drop off is a breeze. :) That tells me how much he truly loves it.

*Making Pioneer Woman's Caramelized Onion & Prosciutto Pizza tonight. I've had it a couple times made by other people and it is SO tasty. Sidenote: I'm anxious to see her new TV show on Foodnetwork. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the BEST pizza!!! I thought you were the one who gave me the recipe--must have been Susan.

About $3 a visit to Chuck E. Cheese--pretty sweet.

Good for you for not showing your frustration with Cam. You've targeted behaviors before to help him lessen them. Maybe this one too?

Anonymous said...

Oops--that was me--Mom

Jessy said...

Kelly, I LOVE your random thoughts. When I have a random thought and want to write it out, I always feel it's not enough for a whole blog entry, so I don't, then I forget. I like your style. And you crack me up.
Jess

Jessy said...

oh, AND for some reason it's letting me comment on whatever I want now! For a while, I dont' know if it was a blogger thing, or a ME thing, but I'd sign in to my google account, and then it would still say "sign into your google account." now it just works. I like it when it works!

Jessy said...

Oh I remember why I wanted to comment on this one so badly - because it was so refreshing to ME to hear you say that you struggle with getting frustrated with things that are just part of who your kid is. I, too, feel that way. A lot. Today in particular. Yesterday, too. Over here, we're dealing more with negativity and she is getting so frustrated with us telling her why something isn't a good idea, or why the PLAN won't work out, she PHYSICALLY shows signs of TORMENTED SADNESS or ANGER, and it's kinda scary. It's VERY frustrating to me. I'm in the process of trying to figure out what in the world to do, but right now I'm trying most to just not get so frustrated and instead be useful and gentle. It's hard. This parenting thing is no joke!