Saturday, August 27, 2011

*I just watched the fist episode of Pioneer Woman on Food Network. She was cute but there was a little awkwardness to the show. I'm sure it will get better. :)

*I got my hair highlighted today. For some reason she spent an extra long time rinsing my hair. I swear I would pay the same amount for her to wash my hair for two hours. I almost fell asleep it felt so good. :)

*Yesterday afternoon the four of us went to the mall. Afterward we had dinner at Pat and Oscar's. I signed up for their family rewards card and they gave us $10 off our visit! So the four of us ate for $5.86!

*We went to visit our friend Jeremy and Ana and their family this afternoon. She made quite possibly the tastiest pizza I've ever had. She spread fig jam over the crust, then added prosciutto and blue cheese. It had more flavor than you could imagine. Sooo good!

*We have run our air the past three nights in a row.

*We will be heading up to my in-laws this next weekend. While we are there, we'll celebrate Cam's 5th birthday. Since he is very into Jake and the Neverland Pirates, I will attempt to make this adorable cake I found. Luckily there is a video showing exactly how to make it. Fingers crossed it turns out!



*I kind of feel like I should give up soda, but I can't quite muster up the motivation yet. I drink about a can and a half a day. It's kind of a weird mental thing I have that drinking 2 cans is too much...so I usually dump part of the second can.

*Kendall enjoys playing in our little pool in the backyard. She LOVES playing in the pool when I let her strip down to nothing while doing it. :)

5 comments:

Jessica said...

That pizza sounds delicious! I want to try it. I'll bet sliced fresh figs would be yummy on it too.

We've been unable to open our windows as well the past few nights... this heat is beastly.

I realized something... these would be your status updates if you were on Facebook ;)

Charlee said...

We too have been running the AC and it stinks! I hate not having the house fan my brain just sees dollar signs!

The cake is adorable and looks doable I think you got this one!

Anonymous said...

Well 1 1/2 cans is better than 2. How about this week cutting down to 1 a day...next week 1 every OTHER day? You're wise to want to cut down. It just ain't good for our insides.
Mom
P.S. Sounds like a mom comment, doesn't it? :o)

Jessy said...

Kelly, I agree with you on the Pioneer Woman thing! Just watched it this morning, and I like her, always have, but it's different seeing her and hearing her now!

Love your concept on how much soda to drink! Gotta love personal limits!

Teresa DiMillo said...

I haven't turned off my air in a MONTH! Pregnancy in the Summer sucks! I'm not a soda drinker, but since I have cravings, that is what the baby wants and I think I have had a can every other day since I have been pregnant, so don't feel so guilty. ;)