Thursday, August 11, 2011

recently baked and cooked...

It seems like most peoples' favorite combo is chocolate and peanut butter. When I saw these cookies I KNEW I had to try them. They really didn't disappoint but I will say that if you make them, it's SUPER important to not overmix when you add the peanut butter. The unique part of the cookie is that you get bites of peanut butter as you are eating it. I think I overmixed mine a tad and not all of them had the good swirl effect she talks about.



The next ones just looked too fun not to try. Seems like the best of both worlds with cookie dough and brownies. My only complaint was that the cookie dough layer might be a tad too thick for my liking, rather than the same as the brownie. They are very rich!


Here are mine. You can see you can't really even see the peanut butter swirl in my cookie. If you don't get that, it just tastes kind of like a chocolate cookie with a little peanut taste.



Lastly I had bought the container of Hidden Valley Ranch a while back (I can't believe how much cheaper it is than the packets) and wanted to use it somehow. I went onto the Hidden Valley website and found Ranch Beef and Noodle Skillet. It was pretty good, however the leftovers were even better. I spread the mixture on a homemade tortilla (thick) and sprinkled cheese on top to make a pizza. Because of our love for pasta on pizza (thanks to Gourmet Pizza), I figured it would be tasty. It sure was. It's nice to know that I can use pasta dish leftovers as pizza again like this.

No comments: