Friday, August 19, 2011

*GREAT second day of school. On the way he said, "Mom, I'm so excited for my very first second day of kindergarten!" :) It's quite hectic during drop off/pick up so I haven't gotten to talk to the teacher. However today as she released Cam to me she said, "He is doing awesome!" Wow. That made my weekend. So looks like we are all happy...except Kendall. Poor thing cried most of the drive home this morning saying, "I want Broby! I want Broby!!" It was kind of sweet. :)

*One of my favorite recipes Chris' mom has passed along to me is Beerocks. It's a basic bread dough that you use to make mini pockets filled with ground beef and seasonings. The reason I love them are 1. You can experiment with the filling (just think of your favorite pizza toppings or sandwich contents and fill!) 2. They are great to freeze and so easy to pop out, microwave, and eat! Tonight I filled them with chicken (in a sauce) and cashews.





*Tomorrow night is movie in the park here. They are showing Toy Story 3. Seeing as the movie starts an hour past Cam's bedtime, I sure hope he can make it most of the way through.

*I swear anytime I here the song, Knee Deep, by the ZacBrown Band, I just smile and it puts me in a good mood. Crank it up if you want to listen...it's so fun :)

*I didn't mention this a while back (because I was so angry at myself), but a few weeks ago I accidentally backed into my brother-in-law's car. Talk about going through, "If only I had..." Everything was worked out and his car was fixed, but I still felt terrible. Then about a week later when my dad, Cam, and I were going hiking (my dad was driving his car), someone in a parking lot backed out right into us. It all worked out but I'm officially DONE with fender benders! :)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

So glad that the first two days of kinder went well :) What a relief I'm sure.

Fender benders stink :(

That park looks fun... is it the same one with the balloon rides?

Kelly said...

No, it's not the balloon ride one...but that is on my to do list sometime. :)