Sunday, August 21, 2011

weekend of cheap outings

Outing #1: Yesterday Kendall was sick so figured it best to try and keep her separate from Cam (not sure the logic of that thought since they live in the same house anyway). Anyway, after his swim lesson I took him to Pharaoh's Lost Kingdom in Redlands. I could have taken him to the moon and he wouldn't have been as happy. I couldn't believe how much fun this kid had. What was even better was the price. For $9.99, he got two hours of unlimited bounce houses, mini golf, and bumper boats. It was nice for me to just sit and relax and watch him have fun. I'm bummed it's a little too old for Kendall so I can't do it with both (otherwise I might look into season passes). Outing total? $10 (+ $3.50 for a Starbucks for me...hehe)




Outing #2: This morning I wanted to go to the 99 cent store to get a few things. I told both kids they could pick out one item. They loved roaming around choosing their toy. Total for outing? $2





Outing #3 This afternoon we took a walk, making a detour at Staters to let them pick out a cookie to split from the bakery. Total for outing? 50 cents

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am amazed at how many fun things you find to do with the kids--for so little money.

---Mom

Jessica said...

That's so awesome when you can find outings that are fun, and yet cost little money. Way to go! :)