Sunday, August 28, 2011

plan B

Today I was really excited because my mom had passed along some information about a carnival up at Lake Gregory. I packed us a picnic lunch and we headed up right after church. We arrived at 10:00 only to find out it didn't start until 1:00. I was really frustrated with myself and felt bad that the kids had already been in the car a while and now we had to head back down.

Luckily both took the news relatively well (thanks in part to a frozen lemonade from Mcdonald's!). We knew we needed to do something fun so we ended up going to Ontario Mills to walk around and escape the heat.

After the mall we headed over to the Bass Pro Shop and then came home. While it wasn't what we had in mind (and I was still disappointed to have missed the carnival), we still had a nice day. However I must say that both Chris and I were pooped by the time we got back. We all watched "Up", played upstairs, and then put the kids down early because we were beyond ready for some mommy and daddy down time. :)

Enjoying our "picnic" lunch in the food court. :)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One more cheap fun-filled day for the Petinaks! You go!
Mom