Tuesday, July 19, 2011

two recipe tries

One of the food blogs I follow is actually written by a gal I attended Biola with. I love that she not only puts the cost per serving, but she also puts the nutritional information for each recipe. This makes it so easy for me in calculating Chris' portions.

When I saw this recipe for Turkey Meatballs with Golden Raisins (I actually made it into a meatloaf to save my time at the stove), I knew I had to try it. The flavors were so unique and it really didn't disappoint. The raisins added a sweet flavor that both Chris and I really liked. I could not, for the life of me, get the dipping sauce right, but it was tasty just by itself.

(this was taken from her blog as her meatball pictures looked quite a bit more enticing than my hunk o' meatloaf picture)


This next recipe both my friend Ana and I knew we had to make when we saw it. When her family came to visit this past Sunday, we made a batch. My hesitancy beforehand was that using a cake mix for a brownie type base would result in a little graininess. We both thought it did. But I think you couldn't go wrong if you were to swap it with a brownie base. They are VERY rich, so be warned. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gonna have to pass on raisins in my meat loaf--not being a raisin person. But now the cookies...well, that looks pretty incredible. So is Picky Palate your friend from Biola? Does she do all that photography too? Pretty impressive.
--Mom

Kelly said...

No, Picky Palate is just a blog I stumbled upon. The first one (meatball recipe) is the friend from Biola.