Thursday, July 21, 2011

oh, to have a one story

Lately Kendall has been pushing the limits, discipline-wise. Really the main problem is fussiness during dinner time. I often wonder if we would even care as much, were it not for how much it affects Cam. Anyway, last night she didn't want to eat anything on her plate, so she felt it should be fine to leave the table. Nope.

Ideally I would like to buy a small chair or rug and place one upstairs and one down. Then I could just plop her down on whatever one was closest. This just isn't possible with our family dynamic. Because it is so upsetting to Cam when she really gets to crying, I simply cannot put her in the same room as him. It's not fair. And I'm not going to ask him to run to his room and turn on his noise every time she is disciplined. So her time outs will now be upstairs, in her pack n' play, which we will set up in the guest room. The problem? Man do my legs get tired of running up and down, up and down (like during dinner when no sooner had we brought her down than she started up again)!

I guess if I'm trying to look on the bright side, my legs will get a nice work out. But man do I wish we had a one story!!! :)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

If I had to do that with my kids I'd have legs of steal :)

Anonymous said...

Does she dislike the time-out (pack 'n play)? If so, it'll be worth it--hang in there.
--Mom

Charlee said...

If you have the same plan we do use the downstairs bedroom and close the door she can't be that loud??? if she is then wow woman you will have great legs!