Tuesday, June 12, 2012

"the best broccoli beef"



When I look for new recipe to try and there is an obscure ingredient I normally don't stock, sometimes I'll try it.  When there is more than one unique ingredient? I rarely ever try it.  I just don't like spending money on items when there is a possibility I will only use them once.

Two friends have told me about The Best Broccoli Beef recipe.  I was hesitant because sesame oil, oyster sauce and rice vinegar are not staples in my pantry.  But I bit the bullet and was I glad I did!!  This dish had the most amazing, rich, delicious flavor.  Chris actually gave it a 10.  And let's remember that it has BROCCOLI in it!!!  The kids liked it too.  I think it helped that the beef was very tender (sidenote:  Flank steak was $7.99 a pound so I used Flap Steak.  I would also make one and a half times the sauce).

So if you are in the mood for a dish that is pretty identical to that found in a Chinese food joint, this is it! :)

No comments: