Thursday, June 14, 2012

*Did some finger painting the other day.  I was impressed that Cam actually semi-got into it considering he isn't the biggest fan of getting messy or wet. :)


*My little Kendall cannot get enough of her new bike.  A few days ago we road up to the salon where she got her hair cut.


*Speaking of Kendall, we are experiencing MAJOR potty training regression.  I don't know what happened.  She will not tell me when she needs to go and has had several accidents the past few days.  I have no clue what to do.  Anyone else experience this?  I need to start a chart or something because it's been frustrating and confusing. :(

*Chris and I have been enjoying Hatfields and McCoys on the History Channel.

*We road bikes up to the donut shop this morning.  I let the kids share a donut.  Whenever they share it's nice because Kendall can "think" she picks one out, but once it's in front of her she forgets what she picked.  This way Cameron gets to have his choice. :)  I know she'll wise up to this some day!

*Cameron finished his Barnes and Noble book club reading and was able to choose a free book.  He chose a book on the Titanic and both kids have been VERY interested in the whole topic since then.  They want to know about the actual sinking, the iceberg, the boat filling with water, etc.  I found a youtube clip of the Leonardo movie's sinking scene.  They comment and ask a lot of questions throughout.  Here they are very intent on it.


*Costco tonight for groceries and dinner:

--Skinny Cow
--Eggs
--Frozen Veggies
--Wheat Thins

Favorite sample for the family:  Zebra popcorn (caramel, white chocolate and chocolate drizzled)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious about Kendall picking out a donut and not remembering which one it was.

Ou, bummer about the potty training regression. Yeah, maybe a chart with stickers and an ultimate trip to the dollar store or something would turn her crank.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey! I know you try to eat healthy and I love the recipes you share. Did you know that Skinny Cow products contain aspartame? I thought you might like to know before you ate any more!

Kelly said...

Thanks for the Skinny Cow info. Doesn't really change my nightly consumption, though. :) I kind of operate on the 80/20 principal. Eat well 80% of the time. And while I don't let the kids eat the fake sugar, I'm a Diet Pepsi fan and Skinny Cow one as well. :)