Sunday, June 10, 2012

weekend

Friday was a nasty day for me.  I felt like poop and my sinuses were about to explode.  Chris was in OC for some meetings so the last (and worst) few hours of the day with the kids consisted of TV, "special upstairs time", and more TV while I lay on the couch.

Saturday I was feeling somewhat better and wanted to tag along to our Cherry Festival Parade.  It was a nice outing and the kids enjoyed it (despite being disappointed that no candy was thrown from the floats).


That afternoon Chris took the kids to meet his brother's family at Victoria Gardens.  I stayed back and relaxed on the couch.  I rented Gone (pretty good) snoozed, and browsed cooking blogs.  The kids had an awesome time with their cousins at the Bass Pro Shop and dinner at Red Robin.

They had a kids pond where they could catch real fish. :)


The highlight of Red Robin is always the balloons for our kids :)


Much of this morning was spent outside due Kendall's new big girl bike (thanks Craig and Rebekah for passing it along!).  She ADORES it and has such a big grin as she rides around.


Cam has discovered his love of snails and has a little box, which we MUST cover in plastic wrap (with poked holes) whenever we leave the house so they won't escape.



After church and nap we made a family trip to WinCo.  We needed lots of groceries and some restocking on our candy supply from their bulk bins. :)  Tonight is Chris' splurge meal for the week, which consists of fresh french bread from the store and Stove Top Mac-n-cheese I found online.

We have three more days of school and my little guy graduates from a transitional kindergarten boy to a regular kindergarten boy! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How are you feeling now? I hope you're all back to normal.

Waht a cute fishing pond. Did they catch anything?

And what a great blessing to get the little bike for Kendall. I did forget to tell you that when we took them to that safety expo at the museum, they said that even children riding a tricycle need to wear a helmet though, because they could still fall over and hit their head. :)
Mom