Wednesday, June 20, 2012

super fun 24 hours

Last night Chris and I got back from a night in Palm Springs.  My in-laws have the kids for a week and we decided to get away for one night.  We discovered some rewards points we had from an old credit card and were able to stay for free at my favorite hotel, the JW Marriott.  Since high school my girlfriends and I have stayed here overnight or simply snuck into the pool for an afternoon. :)  It's the most relaxing, beautiful place.

We spent some time at the pool the first afternoon then went out to dinner and got some frozen yogurt to bring back to the room.  The next morning was sooo perfect.  Chris had woken early to go golf so I slept in, went running, and then came back to spend a long time lounging in the lobby with some Starbucks and magazines.  That's my idea of relaxing to a tee. :)

When Chris returned we played some tennis.  Neither of us had played in 10 years!

Overall it was one of the most fun vacations Chris and I have taken together, yet it was only about 24 hours.  We both agreed that one of the reasons was the outside stuff we did (golf, tennis, running)...mainly the tennis. We've talked in the past about how we wish we had an activity to do together.  Playing tennis was such a great thing for this.

We've also run together a couple times here at home since the kids are gone.  It's been fun to add an activity to "us" which now also gives us more things to do on vacation.



 Since we've been home I have been able to get some good deep cleaning done, which feels great!  :)  And while I really miss the kids and am anxious to see them, we've gotten some fun pics/videos from my in-laws and know they are having a blast!

2 comments:

Jannae said...

Sounds awesome!

Anonymous said...

Oh, what fun!!! So glad you got to go to the Marriott. So were you able to remember how to hit a tennis ball?
Mom