Tuesday, December 2, 2008

correction

I need to make a correction to yesterday's blog, or rather an update. As of yesterday, Cam had never shown signs of feeling sick when he had a fever. That changed today. Poor thing has just been miserable, except for the short time Motrin has kicked in. He has never been quite this sick, so Chris and I are settling into bed, knowing we might very well be up a lot of the night as he has already woken up twice in an hour.

Here we are watching Max and Ruby, although sometimes even this wasn't enough to make him feel better.



This afternoon I was trying to figure out something that would make him happy. He kept saying "bye, bye", meaning he wanted to go somewhere. I just didn't know where to go. So we ended up around the corner at Stater Bros. wheeling him around in their kid-grocery cart (it has a little car in front for him to ride in). He loves riding in these! I didn't really have anything to get, but it made him happy and took up some time before bed. As we strolled by the deli, I bought some egg salad, which I've been craving for a while now. I'm excited to eat it tomorrow, but sure wish it wasn't so pricey. If anyone has a good recipe for egg salad, I would love to have it so I don't have to spend $4 on a tiny container!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh i'm so sorry he's sick. that is poopy. here's hoping its nothing major and it passes quickly!!

Anonymous said...

Hope the night went OK. Since you like to experiment with recpt' just hard boil the eggs, get the mayo out and "DO YOUR THING" WITH a little of this and a little of that! I remember Grandpa Jim use to put a touch of vinegar in his. Hope today is better for all.

Robert and Liz Crews said...

just had it for dinner last night yummy! Hard boiled eggs, mayo, salt, pepper, pickle relish, a little dry mustard and paprika!

kw said...

i like to put tiny chopped tomatoes in my egg salad. it's yummy :)

Team Harry said...

Hope Cam feels better soon!! I hated when they had fevers and were lathargic! The cuddling time when they are sick is nice tho : )

I mix eggs, mayo, mustard, salt & pepper and dill in mine... It's the dill that makes it so great!!

Donna Stark said...

Poor baby--I hate when they're sick.

Hmmm, guess I should try making egg salad. Don't remember ever making it.