Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"I don't mind a little breeze!"

Before we moved here, several people warned us about the wind. To which my response was, "Oh I don't mind a little breeze." Little naive me. To be honest, that is the one thing we REALLY dislike about living here. It is windy quite often, and we aren't talking a nice little breeze. There have been several days where we literally can't go outside to play because it has been so bad.

I just got back from a very cold and windy walk to the park. Cam is still sick (going on 8 days) so we have had to miss church, speech class, MOPS, MyGym, etc. This has made for many, "What are we going to do today?" questions. Since he feels fine (it is now just the cough/runny nose), I don't want to stay in all day. So we braved the wind and walked up to the park. He had a blast, which made it worth it. But I was also more than happy when we got home.

Cam will nap in about an hour and then we'll start again with, "What should we do ALL afternoon???". Wind...grrrr...

4 comments:

Team Harry said...

It stinks when the kids are sick for days and you have to stay inside and away from regular activities... Hang in there, this too shall pass!!

It's 40 degrees and windy here!!! I'm more then happy to stay inside : )

Anonymous said...

Off the subject, but can I just say GOOD FOR YOU for not trucking him around to all the regular activities to infect all the other kids???!!!! I have been so surprised at the number of parents who bring their kids to nursery or Bible Study with snot dripping from their noses.

The wind sounds yucky!

Anonymous said...

TOTALLY, i feel the same way!! i'd rather have rain than wind! at least with the rain we can stomp in puddles!

Donna Stark said...

I agree. Actually, Waxahachie has more wind than here too & I don't like it when I go home.

"Two Mom downers": runny noses & bad weather that keeps 'em inside. We (moms) have all been-there-done-that and don't-like-it!

How about walking around the mall or Toys-R-Us?